Friday, June 17, 2011

move 'em out..rawhide!

On Facebook this week, most people are posting pictures of their daddy's for father's day. There's no possible way I can post only ONE picture, (a) I have too many gems and (b) I have two very special daddies in my life. So I guess I'll have to post multiple pictures here, instead.

The day my husband became a father, he really didn't want to let Scouten go, at all, the entire day. I had a pretty urgent c-section, and we talked beforehand about how I would be just fine, and he needed to stick with the baby. After she was born, I saw that we didn't have to have that talk, he knew I was okay, and he was headed out the door. One of the nurses told me later that she couldn't believe how proud he was when he came walking down the hallway with his baby girl. So, before I start sobbing, I'll tell you this is what my parents' saw when they walked into the hospital room the morning Scouten was born.


I KNOW she's not eight hours old, and she's all snuggled up to her daddy! Speaking of daddy's, when I called my parents to let them know she had been born, and that we had named her my dad's mom's maiden name, his reply was,"You're going to have to repeat that, Rhy." I can't decide if he really didn't hear, or if he was in shock. He picked up the phone, so I'm going to go with"in shock."
From the very beginning, I'm pretty sure he thought she was a keeper...
I have a million pictures of Sean snuggling his girl, but this is one of my favorites, I like to think that they are both holding each other...
Grandpa even has his own lullaby that he sings to Scouten - now that's she's almost two and knows EVERYTHING, she knows the words to "Grandpa's lullaby" and sings it every time she gets in the swing.
I adore this shot, cause my SB's have never looked more alike...someone (sorry can't remember who) pointed out, "they even have the same hair."
For Scouten's first Halloween, grandpa showed up with a jack-o-lantern, and then they held hands, while talking about the jack-o-lantern. The second Halloween they used a jig-saw to cut out pumpkin faces, who knows what they will do next year, probably just run it through the lawnmower.




Sometimes I have to remind myself that SOME daddy's aren't THIS involved in their daughter's lives, some daddy's don't take her to her first dance class, or change her diaper, or push her on the swing six million times, or hold her while she thinks of some kind of trouble for both of them to get into...

This last shot I really can't talk about, I just have to look at it. I know this because it sits on my desk at work, and one of my co-workers asked me about it. I turned into a teary-blubbery-babbling mess. I'll just let it speak for itself.

1 comment:

Cole said...

I can testify that not all little girls have those kind of Daddies, but I'm awfully thankful our girls do! =)