Friday, June 24, 2011

and on this farm he had some ducks

My two-year-old is faking a nap, so I thought I'd give you a little update on our day - that's not a typo, she really is faking a nap...
We had a big day planned for the birthday girl today, but her immune system obviously disagreed with our plans. She was diagnosed with bronchitis on Wednesday, she's had a couple days of steroids and good ole breathing treatments, but we decided to stay close to home, just in case. Yesterday was pretty rough.

Sean and I both took the day off, even though grandma Reva rolled her eyes when we told her. So this morning we asked Scouten what SHE wanted to do for her birthday, her reply?
"go look at ducks and.....drink grandma's coffee." So at 8:40 a.m. we left the house for the CC Zoo, if I told you she was excited, I might be understating it...


I think the following picture should be called "TWO monkeys looking at each other".





After the zoo we went to Short Stop for a pop, dropped daddy off to mow and went to "dancing class" as she is now calling it. Her Auntie CJ got her a tutu for her birthday, so she HAD to wear that...as Miss Jolie said, "EVERY girl needs a tutu."











When we pulled in the driveway after dance, her friends were at their grandma's house next door, so out came the bubbles. Daddy finished up mowing, and after a quick stop at the radio station, it was off to PIZZA!



Whew!! Now that she has stopped faking and started taking a nap, I think I'll join her...

2 comments:

Cj's World said...

She is MUCH cuter in that tutu than her daddy would be. Maybe he could just wear the head band instead. lol!

Cole said...

I agree! Every little girl does need a tutu!!! Lani got her first on her 2nd birthday too. =)

Glad she had a great day despite her 'bad bugs' as my kids call them.

A-DOR-A-BLE!!!!!