Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We have been heaved blessed...

My daughter turned two this week. Yet, her actual birthday isn't for another month. Make sense? If you are a mama of a two-year-old, or have had one, I suspect it does.

First a little background - My dad could buy himself just about any kind of hat he wants, but the Pioneer dealer in town gives them away FREE, so of course, he wears pretty much exclusively Pioneer hats. He has an "everday" one and a "fancy" one. He wouldn't use those terms, but you get my drift.

Scouten, her dad, grandparents, and I were driving around my hometown Saturday. Scouten is looking out the window and says, "Grandpa's hat." At first we all looked at each other like, "Is she talking in her sleep?" Then I looked out the window and realized we were driving by the Pioneer bins - sure enough the brand decals are the same as "Grandpa's hat."

Yesterday she was downtown with my mom. She sat down on a curb and refused to move. REFUSED.R-E-F-U-S-E-D. I still have no idea how my mother wrestled 32 pounds into the van, but somehow she got her off the curb. If she didn't get her stubborn genetics from her grandma(s) and grandpas) I think she might still be sitting on that curb. Someone (I won't name names) said Scouten was just waiting for the parade and her grandma should have danced or marched by, even without the marching dance, I would have loved to see that exchange of wills.

One of the many things we work on is naming body parts - she has most of them down. This week she has been talking about her shoulders, elbows, wrists, and KNEES. And I realized not only is she getting taller, she is also losing some of that baby chubby (tear-tear) and you can see her actual knees. My husband and I actually had a "discussion" in Walmart on whether or not she was losing weight. FYI: bathroom scales are not in with towels and bathmats - they are in the section with faucets and bathroom cabinets. And she really hasn't lost or gained...

1 comment:

Cole said...

I hear ya...as excited as we are for their milestones...it's more letting go on our parts and it's hard for Mamas to do that. Lani is constantly telling me that she doesn't need me for something new everyday. I am thankful for her independence in many ways, but last week when she was sick, it was awfully nice to hold and comfort her.